Block lambda grammar: BlockArguments

Herby Vojčík herby at mailbox.sk
Sun Jan 15 01:24:09 PST 2012

-----Pôvodná správa-----
From: Brendan Eich
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:55 AM
To: Axel Rauschmayer
Cc: es-discuss
Subject: Re: Block lambda grammar: BlockArguments

Nothing is going to match Smalltalk on this. Keyword parameters are not even
on the map because object literals suck the oxygen out of the room. And then
you'll want to get rid of the || for empty block parameters.
===

Sorry for this question, it is more a meta one. The paragraph above seems
too dense for me to digest (and I thought my English is pretty good). Would
it be possible to explain a little more? Like what is meant by "going to
match" and what is "this" in "on this; and things like "not in the map",
"o.l. suck the oxygen out of the room", and the last sentence, too.

Thank you, Herby

[ did you know you quoted cca 50 screens? 8-O I took the liberty of omitting
them. ]