Harmony modules feedback

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Thu Jan 12 01:57:30 PST 2012

I think introducing new language constructs for modules is good, because they are so fundamental. For incrementally migrating old code bases, it would make a lot of sense to allow ES.next modules to import AMDs and vice versa.

Furthermore, npm’s ability to install modules locally and to let local modules shadow global ones is a very smart way out of version hell. It would be nice to have something similar for ES.next modules, but it’ll be harder to do for browsers (as opposed to for Node.js and local file access).

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de

home: rauschma.de