Boolean shortcuts

Herby Vojčík herby at mailbox.sk
Mon Jan 9 03:20:01 PST 2012

Hi,

I have looked at the links and as I understand they are trying to accomplish
something slightly different, by adopting code as kind of data, though it is
interesting, too (and your are true do-expressions do it elegantly, except
for the "explicit zero-arg lambda" thing (I think || is not tragedy)".

I was trying to do something different - not bring code verbatim into data,
but powerful code constructs into data - I had posted it in thread "RFC:
Empowered data - unification of code block and object literal(and class)".
It more a unification of code block and data block to be more similar in
appearance as well as expressiveness (while retaining their
imperatice/declarative nature).

As for the "empty-block/object issue" I realized it is a non-issue (or,
little issue), I was freaked out. :-) This is old known things that {}.f()
does not work until one parenthesizes {} and it is the same (anooying, but
nothing breakingly new) category of quirk.

Herby

P.S.: Still got no comment on above-mentioned thread. :-(

P.P.S.: And back to boolean shortcuts: would there be a possibility (and
demand for them)? I posted my '{ value: "foo", configurable, writable,
!enumerable }' and 'var !done, !!soFarSoGood' and someone mentioned there is
this kind of proposal in CoffeeScript land which goes more like '{ value: