ES6 doesn't need opt-in

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Fri Jan 6 13:35:07 PST 2012

> The issue is *how* the spec and implementations decide what is supported, and when to raise an error on new syntax mixed (after) old non-strict code (e.g., 'with').

Ah, OK. I thought that one would be able to lump together ES5.non-strict and all prior ES versions on one hand and ES6 and ES5.strict on the other hand. But it makes sense that even if developers (engine users) are presented with something simple, implementors have to take care of many more details.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de

home: rauschma.de