ES6 doesn't need opt-in

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Fri Jan 6 12:09:13 PST 2012

> Rather, we should minimize the state machine and how we talk about it. We could generalize it using Curr, Next, Curr&Next, and Curr-Next labels.

I’m awfully sorry for belaboring this point. But the labels and the quote below don’t go together.

Quoting Brendan:

>> - ES6 is a superset of ES5.strict.
>
> That's always been promised.

Then I would only expect two labels: ES6 and non-strict

ES6-only => (a subset of) ES6
ES5-only => only possible for non-strict constructs => non-strict
ES5&ES6 => (a subset of) ES6
ES5~EAS6 => not possible  (“The construct has identical syntax and static semantics in both ES5 and ES6, but differing semantics.”)

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de

home: rauschma.de