ES6 doesn't need opt-in

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Wed Jan 4 12:53:38 PST 2012

On Jan 4, 2012, at 12:50 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2012, at 12:16 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:

>> Any new Harmony syntax that presents no backward incompatibility *and* has a body opts the body into the new edition, a superset of ES5-strict.
>>

> Including expression level bodies such a block lambda's or Dave's do { } expressions, if they are adopted??

Oh absolutely block lambda bodies are in Harmony > ES5-strict mode, you betcha!

Ditto generator bodies.

Class bodies, we covered. Module bodies -- in the o.p.

I like do {...} expressions, BTW -- tweeted about them today. They would be a wafer-thin (John Cleese pseudo-French accent) addition to ES.next.