No code block without introductory keyword (was: Re: Boolean shortcuts)

Herby Vojčík herby at mailbox.sk
Wed Jan 4 06:18:34 PST 2012

Hi,

I am sorry that I am so dense in my communication, I meant not only "no code
block without formal introduction", but also adding a keyword to the
repertoire that, in those rare cases of free code block (they are not really
that common), introduces a free code block. The rule of NCBWFI makes the
code really formally clearer. You see in François's example that the change
is not big (I would personally like "local" more than "eval", somehow the
old associations from the university sprung up from SML/NJ course where
local and let were coupled, so it seemed like good choice, but "local"
cannot be a keyword since it is surely used in _lots_ of places as a
variable name).

Herby