No code block without introductory keyword (was: Re: Boolean shortcuts)

Herby Vojčík herby at mailbox.sk
Wed Jan 4 05:51:35 PST 2012

Hi,

what you proposed seems like a pretty good idea (at least imho).
All other uses of {...} as code block have a introductory keyword / control
structure (if, else, while, do, function), and even the newcomer {...} uses
like module and class are preceded by one. If (maybe in "strict ES6+" only)
there was the general rule of "no code block without formal introduction",
it could make parsing much more quirk-free (and it would be clearly define
that {...} without introduction is _always_ object literal (or, more
broadly, data-producing {...} (declarative curlie)) in contrast to
imperative curlie that contains some form of action to perform).

Herby