Should "Literal" in syntactical grammar instead of lexical grammar?

程劭非 csf178 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:18:03 PST 2012

Thank you for the comments.

There might be no normative significance but I mean there is no way to put
the "Literal" production in a lexer.  If a lexer produce token with type
”Literal“, syntactical parser will not be able to decide to use it as a
”Literal“ or a ”StringLiteral“.

So I think keeping this rule in current location might confuse the ones who
want to implement this spec.

Thanks,
Shaofei Cheng