Should "Literal" in syntactical grammar instead of lexical grammar?

程劭非 csf178 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:51:01 PST 2012

Hi, everyone,

I'm working a on ES parser recently and noticed something might be wrong
about the symbol “Literal”.

Since “Literal” and “StringLiteral" "NumericLiteral" appears in lexical
grammar , I believe “Literal” should be a non-terminal symbol. Also there
is no other rule using “Literal” in lexical grammar. As all above I think
the following description is a syntactical grammar rule instead of
a lexical grammar rule:
*Literal **::
**    **NullLiteral*

*BooleanLiteral
NumericLiteral
StringLiteral*
*RegularExpressionLiteral*
So my suggest is moving the description from Annex A.1 to Annex A.3

Thanks,
Shaofei Cheng