Array.prototype.contains

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Thu Feb 23 12:18:04 PST 2012

Perhaps using indexOfIdentical from http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:simple_maps_and_sets
From: es-discuss-bounces at mozilla.org [es-discuss-bounces at mozilla.org] on behalf of Erik Arvidsson [erik.arvidsson at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 15:15
To: es-discuss at mozilla.org
Subject: Array.prototype.contains

DOM4 added a new interface called DOMStringList for the sole reason
that Array does not have contains. Before this the return type was an
Array of Strings so we could use indexOf, map, forEach etc. Now that
it is using a non Array we lost all of that.

Proposal: Add Array.prototype.contains, implemented as:

Object.defineProperty(Array.prototype, 'contains', {
  value: function(value) {
    return this.indexOf(value) !== -1;
  },
  enumerable: false,
  configurable: true,
  writable: true
}{);

This is trivial enough to do in user code but since DOM4 depends on it
we should just put it in the right place; In ES6.

--
erik