New full Unicode for ES6 idea

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Tue Feb 21 07:35:21 PST 2012

Walk, yes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_by_pitch).

> We still haven't talked about equality and normalization, I suppose
> that can wait.

Allen's point in this last bit of the thread is that we don't need to
interfere with bits stuffed into code units today, so we shouldn't
tomorrow when units become as wide as (or wider than) code points. GIGO,
and equality is memcmp (if you mean == and ===).

Normalization happens to source upstream of the JS engine. Here I'll
call on a designated Unicode hitter. ;-)