Sugar for *.prototype and for calling methods as functions

Brandon Benvie brandon at brandonbenvie.com
Tue Feb 21 03:41:31 PST 2012

This request is the very definition of little things that go a long way. I
write a hell of a lot of code that boils down
to Function.prototype.bind(Function.prototype.call/apply,
Somebuiltin.prototype.method). The fact that there's builtin way to
accomplish `string.split("\n").map(String.split)` (split just as an
example) is annoying in how obvious it is that it should work, and how
often I need them. In fact I think there's some modification to
Spidermonkey that has this? Array.* and String.* being functional versions
of the prototype methods.