Why do JSON, Date, and Math exist?

Wes Garland wes at page.ca
Fri Feb 17 17:28:30 PST 2012

On 17 February 2012 20:22, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen at wirfs-brock.com> wrote:

> And my recollection is that the w3c had already declined to specify JSON
> encoding/decoding functions as part of html5.

I'm sure glad it worked out that way -- it's really handy having "native"
JSON on the receiving end when doing server-side JavaScript.  I can't think
of the number of times I've bumped into serialization bugs in other
languages, especially between languages, over the last 20 years.   Having
it right in the language eliminates all kinds of problems.

Wes

--
Wesley W. Garland
Director, Product Development