Set constructor arguments

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Wed Feb 15 09:15:37 PST 2012

On Feb 15, 2012, at 7:48 AM, Dean Landolt wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org> wrote:
> +1 on ... (spread) exhausting an iterator to expand the iterated values into positional parameters or initialisers.
>
> What about infinite generators? Punt on any iterators without a predefined length? Otherwise wouldn't there be some kind of exception akin to a stack overflow?

Or just an infinite loop.

Every time somebody invokes an abstracted operation there is the possibility that it will never complete.

We don't worry about the possibility that a stack overflow or infinite loop could occur in the code that provides the iterator so I don't see why we should worry about that in the code the exhausts the iterator.

Allen