Set iterators

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Tue Feb 14 22:41:17 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Gavin Barraclough
<barraclough at apple.com>wrote:
[...]

> Mark,
>
> Do you think we want strict insertion order, including for numeric index
> properties?  I guess I'm thinking the obvious here (
> http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:enumeration ), but it
> would seem a simplest for users if there were a single story for iteration
> order.

Great question. I hadn't thought about that in this context, but I do find
it attractive. Ironically, this might be less efficient than pure insertion
order. But worrying about that too early without measurement or evidence
would again be premature. It also accommodates Allen's specialized
collection as simply a degenerate case. Cool.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM