Native Assertion module?

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Mon Feb 13 22:51:00 PST 2012

On Feb 13, 2012, at 4:03 PM, Rick Waldron wrote:

> I speak for myself and my colleagues when I say that we've had our fill of including scripts _just_ for the sake of having a common testing interface.

A reasonable point. OTOH, I wouldn't want to over-engineer. And the larger the API, the harder it will be to standardize. I'm thinking maybe just a couple bare-bones primitives:

1. AssertionError <: Error
2. assert(x === 12); // throws an AssertionError with a default error message
3. assert(x === 12, "twelve, supposedly") // throws an AssertionError with the given error message

Thoughts?

Dave