Set iterators

Erik Arvidsson erik.arvidsson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 22:22:12 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 21:25, Jason Orendorff
<jason.orendorff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless TC39 specifies otherwise, the enumeration order of Map and Set
> will be arbitrary, it will certainly be inconsistent across browsers,
> and it will most likely even include a random component per Map/Set
> object.
>
> It is very hard to see how any code could depend on a particular
> implementation's enumeration order if it is randomized.

I think we should be careful not to specify the iteration order and we
should make sure that the first two implementations intentionally do
not agree on the ordering.

This is our one time chance to get this right and we don't want to
paint us into another corner with Map/Set iteration order.

--
erik