Native Assertion module?

Thaddee Tyl thaddee.tyl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:13:46 PST 2012

(I am sorry that I mistakenly sent this only to Rick Waldron. I
intended it for es-discuss.)

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if a native Assertion module had ever been discussed or
> proposed - I searched[1] and found nothing. If anyone can point me to
> existing discussion or proposals that I might have missed, I was be greatly
> appreciative. The simplest explanation of my thinking is something closer to
> a "standard lib" module, similar to Globalization or "Iter".

If you do a native Assertion module, maybe it should be similar to node's.

<http://nodejs.org/docs/latest/api/assert.html>

This being said, the node authors only added the "assert" api because
they use it in node. I find no compelling reason to have that in JS.

Citation from Isaac Shlueter: