set.delete method name

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Sun Feb 12 13:46:49 PST 2012

Agreed, my "remove is the best all-around name" was biased toward the
past. We can hang tough. This isn't a huge hardship. Indeed way back in
1996 when Nick Thompson and I connected JS and Java at Netscape, some
Java APIs required, e.g. file['delete']() instead of file.delete(). I
wish I had not reserved property names in '95. Fixed in ES5!

/be