Nested Quasis

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Tue Feb 7 14:41:36 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Erik Arvidsson <erik.arvidsson at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 18:49, Mark S. Miller <erights at google.com> wrote:
> >     QuasiHole ::
> >         Identifier
> >         { Spacing* (BalancedCurlySequence Spacing*)* }
> >

> If you replace that with:
>
>     QuasiHole ::
>         Identifier
>         { Spacing* Expression Spacing* }
>
> You can now support nested quasis
>
> Your grammar allows `abc{ }def`. Was that intentional?

Hi Erik, it was not my intention. Your grammar does better capture my
intention, and is approximately what I specified on Feb 2 before Waldemar's
question about spaces and comments. If there's no objection to your way of
mixing the lexical and parsing issues, and if it succeeds at avoiding the
spacing and comment placement issues Waldemar raises (I think it does), I
think that's superior to the approach I was taking. Thanks.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM