Maybe ban holes, then...

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Thu Feb 2 13:10:41 PST 2012

Ok, you guys have holes in your head. No offense!

Holey patterns are useful, as occasionally are holey arrays. If you
disagree on the latter, please acknowledge we are stuck with holey
arrays for a long time, and array destructuring patterns are
supplemental syntax based on a cover-grammar parse as array literals.
This says holes win. If we have to argue about this, I think we'll do a
disservice to bigger-impact issues that need resolution.

/be