block scope + direct non-strict eval

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt samth at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Feb 2 06:17:23 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 5:07 AM, Claus Reinke <claus.reinke at talk21.com> wrote:

> Okay, that wasn't clear to me from the meeting notes. In general,
> I've completely lost track of what ES6 is going to look like: too
> many variations and re-designs in the mailing list threads, no way
> for me to distinguish member preferences from committee
> agreements. As the wiki no longer seems to represent the latest
> agreements, I'll have to wait for your next spec update (and hope
> that there isn't another thread that obsoletes the spec update).

In general, the most definitive information is from Waldemar's notes
from the face-to-face TC39 meetings.  Much of what is discussed isn't
in the latest spec drafts (modules, for example), and the wiki is both
potentially out of date (sadly, this is especially true in things I'm
responsible for) and does not necessarily have the consensus of the
committee.  It's very rare that final designs can be gleaned directly
from the mailing list, even the mailing list posts of TC39 members.

Ultimately though, the overall shape of ES6 is fairly clear (see the
harmony:proposals page); conversely, many of the fine details haven't
been fully decided, so it's not possible to know how they'll turn out
yet.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu