excluding features from sloppy mode

Brandon Benvie brandon at brandonbenvie.com
Sat Dec 29 23:59:04 PST 2012

I believe the only major factors in usage uptake for ES6 will be in the
ever present need for backwards compatibility, and educating developers on
what new tools exist. Imdo not believe having a "use strict" gatekeeper at
the front of the ES6 bonanza would not be a motivating factor in turning
people away.

"I really wish I could use destructuring and arrow functions and generators
and iterators and...*a dozen more carrots*, but this strict mode thing is
just a bridge too far."

I cannot see that thought process actually going through anyone's mind.