excluding features from sloppy mode

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Sat Dec 29 06:48:31 PST 2012

On 29 December 2012 14:51, Axel Rauschmayer <axel at rauschma.de> wrote:
> I’m sympathetic to both sides of this argument. How would you handle things?

Ideally? Backing out of the whole 1JS marketing maneuver? In the long
run, I see it as more harmful than helpful, as it inevitably leads to
complexity creep, subtle mode mixtures, and refactoring hazards that
are there to stay for eternity. Instead, just make all new features
strict-mode only and be done with it.

But I've accepted that I am in the minority with that opinion, and
it's too late anyway. Short of that, at least hold the line with
modules as the only implicit opt-in. But in reality I'm pretty sure
that we will give in to extending the list at some point, if not in
ES6 then in ES7.

/Andreas