excluding features from sloppy mode

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Fri Dec 28 23:07:11 PST 2012

Add me to the list of people who are overjoyed when this AMD vs. CJS/Node.js travesty is over. That alone is a good answer if people ask: “What can ES6 modules do that current module systems can’t” – it will (most probably) be a common standard.

> So are you in favor of class body as strict by default?
>
> You mean as always strict?  I wasn't when I wrote that, but now I'm thinking that "classes are always strict" would probably be acceptable.  I would definitely hold the line at modules and classes, though.

Right. “Smaller” constructs (arrow functions, array comprehensions, generator expressions, ...) might indeed be too fine-grained. But if you work with coarse-grained units then switching to newer semantics by default seems reasonable. It’s new code, after all.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de

home: rauschma.de