excluding features from sloppy mode

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Fri Dec 28 12:03:07 PST 2012

On Dec 26, 2012, at 10:56 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com> wrote:

> It does not even contain the word "strict". IIRC (and I asked about this at the last TC39 meeting and got verbal confirmation), the idea of module {...} implying strict mode was latent, or intended. I'm not sure about out of line modules.
>
> At this point, best thing is to summon Dave.

Yes. IIRC, the reason it doesn't explicitly say strict is that it was in the context of "the new ES6 mode" we'd been talking about, which we'd long before agreed would imply strict. But more and more, it has become clear that "the new ES6 mode" is little more than just strict mode + variable checking.

Dave