On dropping @names

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Fri Dec 28 02:29:02 PST 2012

On 28 December 2012 11:22, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com> wrote:

> Andreas Rossberg wrote:
>
>> As for TDZ precedent, ES6 will have plenty of "precedent" of other
>> lexical declaration forms that uniformly have TDZ and would not allow an
>> example like the above.
>>

> Can these "plenty" be enumerated? Apart from const, which ones have TDZs?

All declarations whose initialization cannot be hoisted. My understanding
is that that would be 'const', 'class' and 'private', although we have just
dropped the latter from ES6. There might potentially be additional ones in
future versions.

But actually, what I perhaps should have said is that there is no other
declaration that allows uninitialized access. That holds for all lexical
declarations.

/Andreas