Changing [[Prototype]]

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Fri Dec 28 01:29:45 PST 2012

On 28 December 2012 05:38, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com> wrote:

> No point whinging about it in appendices that either no one reads, or else
> people read and think less of the spec on that account.

The fewer read about it the better, no? :)

Why would people think less about the spec?

I think it makes sense to separate out legacy features as normative
optional, like it was the plan originally. Then implementations can still
choose not to implement them when they can afford it, e.g. when JS is
introduced into a new space where no such legacy exists.

/Andreas