excluding features from sloppy mode

Kevin Smith khs4473 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 05:54:53 PST 2012

> Since any new code will likely be written as a module (even in the
>> near-term, transpiled back to ES5), this would be the ideal scenario.
>>

> Which "this" do you mean? modules (in or out of line) implying strict mode
> can target ES5 strict, no problem.

"This" meaning all module code (in or out-of-line) is implicitly strict.
 If that's the case, then implicit rules for anything else essentially
becomes moot:  module code will dominate by far.  Even in the near term,
many developers will start writing in ES6 modules, and transpiling back to
ES5.  If all modules are strict, then the transpiler will insert the
required "use strict" directive, and all is good.

To put another spin on it, how often will we see a class that is outside of
*any* module?

{ Kevin }