Changing [[Prototype]]

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Thu Dec 27 04:03:55 PST 2012

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 6:38 AM, David Herman <dherman at mozilla.com> wrote:
> Thank for the heads up. I'll chat with bz to get more of the back story. This is pretty effing awful. It may in fact be unavoidable but I'd like to make sure I understand why people feel there's no alternative; otherwise I may have to consider throwing my already mangled body in front of yet another train... ;-)

For what it's worth, I'm good either way. I just want implementations
to do the same thing. If we can avoid having to mutate [[Prototype]]
in DOM and HTML I'd prefer that as it's less work for me. :-)

>> It seems ES6 has __proto__ which also allows modifying [[Prototype]]
>> so presumably this is nothing particularly bad, although it is very
>> ugly :-(
>
> It is never safe to assume that just because something is out there on the web that it is "nothing particularly bad"... (FML)

Fair enough. I expect the reactions here would have been worse though
if the prevailing notion had been that [[Prototype]] is not mutable.
;-)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/