Real World Func Decl in Block Scope Breakages

Brandon Benvie brandon at brandonbenvie.com
Wed Dec 26 18:04:44 PST 2012

My tests basically indicate what you said, but with a minor distinction.
They don't fail outright, as in throw an error. They just fail silently. As
in, it's ok to call the identifier, but it's not going to do anything. This
is a curious Schrodinger's cat kind of intermediate state, where it doesn't
succeed in doing what it was asked, but doesn't throw an error either,
which in JS terms means it air-quotes succeeded but didn't really.