excluding features from sloppy mode (was: the 1JS experiment has failed)

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Wed Dec 26 16:59:55 PST 2012

On Dec 26, 2012, at 3:35 PM, Mark S. Miller <erights at google.com> wrote:

> I think you did coin "1JS". What do you mean by it? Does it bear on
> the present issue or not?

I coined the "just one JavaScript" here:

    https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2011-December/019112.html

And it got shortened to 1JS not long after (maybe in the same thread?). The key point was no (new) opt-in for ES6. If you read the message (see the "Modules as the opt-in for new semantics" section), you'll see that I actually proposed that anything that can't be made to work in legacy code can be left out of sloppy mode.

Dave