Changing [[Prototype]]

Brandon Benvie brandon at brandonbenvie.com
Mon Dec 24 06:50:45 PST 2012

That doesn't seem to be a problem. Host objects may be losing most/all of
their magic but it's certainly reasonable that they have privileged access
to capabilities. I think it makes sense to frame deleting __proto__
as simply removing access to a capability from the user, but the capability
still theoretically existing if you somehow have privileged access to use
it.

I think a bigger question is how DOM nodes will handle non-extensibility.
If I Object.preventExtensions a node and then this scenario happens, which
happens to that node? Or do nodes just start throwing whenever you try to
make them non-extensible? I don't even know what happens currently, come to
think of it. It's certainly not a common or useful thing to do.