A Variation on ES Modules

Russell Leggett russell.leggett at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 09:27:41 PST 2012

I will admit - this seems very readable to me, and I don't feel like I have
a lot of questions about edge cases. I would be pretty satisfied with it.

This might be a bit of a tangent, but there is something else that's been
bugging me. It's almost 2013 now, and we're fill in the gaps for ES to be
ready for large projects etc. The modules syntax/functionality seems
fine... but I wonder if its just playing catch up or if its actually taking
the opportunity to be the best it can be. Specifically, I'm wondering about
the modularity question. I understand that with ES being so dynamic it's a
lot easier to create mocks for testings, etc. but with static modules,
don't we run the risk of having the same problems as Java and needing some
kind of dependency injection? Maybe I'm just worried for no reason, just
thought I would throw it out there.

- Russ