Number.isNaN

Olov Lassus olov.lassus at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 05:09:16 PST 2012

> BTW, I think there are probably other related issues that need to be
> discussed/resolved at that level.  For example, is SameValue really want we
> want for Map/Set equivalence (the -0 different from +0 issue), did we agree
> to parameterize the equivalance operator for Map/Set?,  and the question
> about the need for Number.isNaN if we have Object.is available.

I'm happy to read that the unintentional dual zeroes issue is being
considered by committee members. My attempt to raise this issue two weeks
back ("Object.is(0,-0) and its data structures implications <
https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2012-December/026794.html>)
didn't generate any public responses, however multiple people responded
privately about it. Thanks!

/Olov