Reflection of global bindings

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 17 15:07:27 PST 2012

On 12/17/12 4:51 AM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
> Independent of these specific issues, I think that the whole Window vs
> WindowProxy hack is terrible. If anyone thinks there is any hope of
> getting rid of this hack, I encourage you to try.

For what it's worth, it's specified that way not least because it's
_implemented_ that way in UAs.

And it's implemented that way because other options (like deleting all
of the global's properties, including non-configurable ones, on
navigation) were a lot worse.

Chances of eliminating navigation from the web platform are 0; I think
we can agree on that, right?

So given that, what counterproposals do people have, exactly?

-Boris