Reflection of global bindings

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 09:48:52 PST 2012

Le 15/12/2012 18:37, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
> On 12/15/12 12:34 PM, David Bruant wrote:
>>> No, nothing of the sort.  The example shows it _present_ on the global
>>> (the third alert in my example) but missing from the WindowProxy
>>> (fourth alert).
>> I'm comparing the second and fourth alert (that's not what the example
>> was created to show, but that's what it shows too). In the second alert,
>> there is the 'foo' property and it is non-configurable as per the spec,
>> because you var-declared it. In the 4th alert, the property has
>> magically disappeared.
>
> Sure, but those aren't properties on the _global_.  They're properties
> on a different object.
Script authors can't observe the fact that it's a different object. They
just have access to one WindowProxy object (they know it's the same with
object identity). This object is the one that must show some consistency.

> I agree there's a problem in terms of what getOwnPropertyDescriptor
> returns for the property at the time of alert #2.  Just want to make
> sure we have the problem statement straight.  ;)
Sounds good :-) These problems are subtle; I appreciate the help in
expressing them accurately.

Thanks,

David