Object.define ==> Object.mixin??

Brandon Benvie brandon at brandonbenvie.com
Tue Dec 11 09:40:45 PST 2012

Wholeheartedly agree with this. For library authoring it's a necessity, so
a define like function is always the first thing in any .js file I make.
The need for library authors is obvious but if I recall the conclusion was
that those authors would be able to handle it themselves and to push off on
codifying it into the language so popular patterns could emerge. I think
that article well outlines how this is actually a need and concern in
authoring of non-library code. Specifically, accessors are a part of the
language (and are going to see more and more use as ES5 becomes the
baseline) and in order to correctly handle those for structure-copying you
must use descriptor-aware functions.