Module Comments

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Wed Dec 5 23:23:55 PST 2012

On Dec 5, 2012, at 11:09 PM, Matthew Robb <matthewwrobb at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see why you can't treat it like this: import <local accessor> from <resource>
>
> import ga from "ga";

We really don't want `from` to be dual-purposed to sometimes mean the whole module itself, and sometimes extracting exports from the module. The syntax should make it absolutely clear which is which.

> If you want to import specific exports then use curlies or dot notation
>
> import ga.foo from "ga";

That's really weird. You essentially are allowing any identifier whatsoever to the left of the dot.

Dave