(Map|Set|WeakMap)#set() returns `this` ?

Rick Waldron waldron.rick at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 13:08:18 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Andrea Giammarchi <
andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I never said they made a decision without valid considerations, I am
> saying I haven't seen any informal survey **here**, the place where
> theoretically we discuss ECMAScript and its present and future.

I've already explained why that is: there is a general aversion to "design
by survey". I only used the information in the survey to help _me_ decide
if it was even worth using committee time to discuss.

> I want believe it makes sense to keep discussing here, as it has always
> been, and I don't want to be informed after about decisions made somewhere
> else ... even if ultra valid, a quick note/survey here cannot hurt but
> inform subscribers, I hope you agree.

Sure, I mistakenly assumed that this had been cc'ed to es-discuss
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2012OctDec/0164.html
...and
never bothered to double check.

Rick