Comments on Meeting Notes

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Wed Dec 5 08:49:53 PST 2012

On 5 December 2012 02:46, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org> wrote:
> Also, good luck getting SunSpider or V8/Octane to enable "use strict"!
> Paging Dr. Rossberg on the latter :-P.

Octane actually contains two benchmarks running in strict mode, namely
PDF/JS and GameBoy. (Unfortunately, I just realised that we screwed it
up for the latter by file concatentation -- but I'll make sure to get
that fixed for the next release.)

For the rest, introducing strict mode would kind of go against the
spirit of Octane running "real world" applications as is. But I'd love
to see _new_ benchmarks using strict mode in future releases. I don't
mind suggestions. :)

/Andreas