Comments on Meeting Notes

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Tue Dec 4 17:46:28 PST 2012

Could you specify more? If you mean SunSpider (2007) or V8/Octane, I
have some well-known bones to pick. These have sucked up a lot (not all)
of the oxygen available for the brain cells developers and casually
interested parties use to track "JS performance", but due to a
who's-on-first effect, not just because "benchmarks".

IOW, good luck making new strict-mode benchmarks that displace these.

Also, good luck getting SunSpider or V8/Octane to enable "use strict"!
Paging Dr. Rossberg on the latter :-P.

/be