lexical 'super' in arrow functions?

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Tue Dec 4 08:20:31 PST 2012

Herby Vojčík wrote:
> WHY / WHAT / HOW sections (with only HOW being normative)?

I've said it before: ECMA-357 (E4X) tried this and all it did was make
more bug habitat in the informative sections, and confuse implementors
who treated prose as normative and took its differences not as bugs, but
as truth (either ignoring the normative spec pseudo-code, or thinking it
wrong).

As Sam said, a spec cannot serve two masters. Pedagogy and more advanced
studies require other tools. The first job of the spec is to normatively
specify the language for implementors.

I look forward to Brandon's super-cross-referencing work!