lexical 'super' in arrow functions?

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Mon Dec 3 02:00:58 PST 2012

>>> Is 'super' currently limited to method bodies, excluding local functions?
>>> Given that 'this' is lexical in arrow functions, I expected any enclosing
>>> 'super' to be available, as well, but I cannot confirm this from the spec.
>
> Yes, clearly super should be able to be used in an arrow function that is lexically scoped to an
> enclosing super binding.  The mechanism for describing this are mostly in the spec., but I just
> checked and there are a few loose ends that I will clean-up in the next spec. draft.

That would be good.

>>> This is from listening in on some of the TypeScript traffic, where people
>>> are running into all kind of issues when trying to use ES6 classes, btw. Claus
>
> Do you have a link to the threads?  Sounds interesting...

TS traffic is somewhat distributed, and mixed between TS bugs,
non-JS users not wanting TS to follow JS, and discussions actually
relevant to ES development.

Still, it does seem to attract actual users to a language with ES6
features, and those are providing feedback and questions from
trying to use these features on their current projects.

http://typescript.codeplex.com/discussions?searchText=this

http://typescript.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic?issuesToDisplay=Open&keywords=bind

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/typescript

Remove the search keywords or try the RSS feeds to follow all traffic.

Claus