lexical 'super' in arrow functions?

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Sun Dec 2 22:14:04 PST 2012

On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:13 PM, Claus Reinke wrote:

> First attempt got lost or stuck somewhere, trying again.

Yes, clearly super should be able to be used in an arrow function that is lexically scoped to an enclosing super binding.  The mechanism for describing this are mostly in the spec., but I just checked and there are a few loose ends that I will clean-up in the next spec. draft.

Whether anything besides a concise method in a class can have a super binding is something that still needs to be discuss.  There are some uses, eg class-side methods that reference super that can not be expressed if super use is restricted to concise methods within class bodies.

>> This is from listening in on some of the TypeScript traffic, where people
>> are running into all kind of issues when trying to use ES6 classes, btw. Claus

Do you have a link to the threads?  Sounds interesting...

Allen