ECMAScript collation question

Mark Davis ☕ mark at macchiato.com
Fri Aug 31 10:12:05 PDT 2012

I think we could go either way. It depends on the usage mode.

   1. The case where performance is crucial is where you are comparing
   gazillions of strings, such as records in a database.
   2. If the number of strings to be compared is relatively small, and/or
   there is enough overhead anyway, the performance win by turning off full
   normalization would be lost in the noise.

So if #2 is the expected use case, we could require full normalization.

Mark <https://plus.google.com/114199149796022210033>
*
*
*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*