i18n API - Intl object.

Norbert Lindenberg ecmascript at norbertlindenberg.com
Fri Aug 31 09:04:17 PDT 2012

It takes a few steps to find the information, but I think the Internationalization API spec together with the Language spec cover this:

Clause 8 of the Internationalization API spec says: "The Intl object is a standard built-in object that is the initial value of the Intl property of the global object."

Clause 7 of the Internationalization API spec says: "Unless specified otherwise in this document, the objects, functions, and constructors described in this standard are subject to the generic requirements and restrictions specified for standard built-in ECMAScript objects in the ECMAScript Language Specification 5.1 edition, introduction of clause 15, or successor."

Clause 15 of the Language spec says: "Every other property described in this clause has the attributes { [[Writable]]: true, [[Enumerable]]: false, [[Configurable]]: true } unless otherwise specified."

Ergo: The Intl property of the global object has the attributes { [[Writable]]: true, [[Enumerable]]: false, [[Configurable]]: true }.

Norbert