Experimental implementation of Object.observe & JS Utility library now available

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Fri Aug 17 18:49:01 PDT 2012

All praise to Raf et al., my concern is that something synchronous, plus
event loop concurrency and setImmediate, would suffice to bootstrap the
rather more elaborate proposal on top of the simpler O.p.watch like
fundament.

This is not to say we shouldn't standardize higher-level APIs, and
instead push that off on library authors to write, and users to
download. There's a delicate balance here. We often screw up
higher-level abstractions in annoying ways, but perhaps that risk is
worth taking.

What I'm really getting at is this: why not expose the synchronous
primitive and e.l.c. building blocks as well?

/be