EcmaScript402 spec, collation property issue

Nebojša Ćirić cira at google.com
Thu Aug 16 16:24:21 PDT 2012

Spec says:

[[collation]] is a String value with the “type” given in Unicode Technical
Standard 35 for the collation,
except that the values "standard" and "search" are *not allowed*, while the
value "default" is allowed.

Also test intl402/ch10/10.1/10.1.1_19_b.js expects "default" if
"de-u-co-invalid" was passed in.

I think that we need to say what happens when "standard" and "search" are
specified in -co- extension (test expects "default" value). I couldn't find
that in the spec.

If the -co-value is not in the
list<http://unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/common/bcp47/collation.xml>of
allowed words test expects "default", but I think spec only covers
value
of *null*.

I would add (with references):

"If co Unicode extension has a value that is not in the bcp47 list, or the
value is null, standard or search, we replace it with 'default'."

If that's too strong, we can say that implementations are free to recognize
any keyword, except for null, search and standard (those 3 get replaced
with "default").

--
Nebojša Ćirić